I have recently launched my YouTube page and it is nothing too fancy, just simple, basic recipes to give you guys ideas when you’re wanting something comforting and you want it in next to no time.
This is such a simple recipe and if you want to add extra ingredients then by all means feel free but if you want something quick and satisfying then this chilli non carne recipe will feed a crowd in less than half an hour.
You can serve it on rice, jacket potatoes or however you like, you can always ramp up the heat as to your heat tolerance, I have kept it quite mild so that it can feed a family easily, without being too spicy for little ones. If you want to make it hotter for you than your children, add a little hot sauce to yours before serving for an immediate spice kick!
I use frozen sweetcorn for this and I always find that it works out best for me because I always have frozen veggies on hand, so that I can make quick meals in a moment’s notice. If you want to use fresh sweetcorn you can.
I used my two favourite spice blends for this but you can use any vegan chilli seasoning you like.
- 1 can x black beans, rinsed well and drained
- 1 1/2 x sweetcorn
- 400g x passata
- 3 tablespoons x Nude Spice – Spicy and Tangy Powder
- 3 tablespoons x Flying Tigers – Spicy Mix
- In a large pan add the black beans, sweetcorn and passata, on a low to medium heat.
- Stir well and add the chilli spices of your choice.
- Allow to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until the passata has reduced and thickened.
- For best results serve immediately.
It really is that simple, you can store it in the fridge for 2 days or freeze for a week. Just ensure you reheat well and you may want to add a little more passata to loosen the chilli once more.
This is perfect for a midweek protein packed dinner in no time at all and is so versatile. Try on sweet jacket potatoes.