When it is time for a big family meal, well, my family meals anyway, three courses are a minimum and dessert is always something tasty but light and my recipe for raspberry panna cotta is light and delicious with very few ingredients and for me, the best part, you can place them in the fridge the night before to set and that is the dessert taken care of!
You can, of course, use any fruits you like, mixed fruits would also work well I’m sure. You can use frozen or fresh berries. If you are using frozen fruit then it is really important that you thoroughly thaw the fruit before you put it in the panna cotta as this will alter the setting process, so make sure they are as dry as possible.
400ml can x coconut milk
1 cup x plant-based milk
6 heaped tablespoons x cornstarch
5 tablespoons x icing sugar
1 cup x berries
- Place the coconut milk in a pan on a low heat a stir frequently.
- In a bowl add the plant-based milk with the cornstarch and icing sugar and whisk until all is blended well.
- Then add this mix to the coconut milk slowly and stir continuously until it begins to thicken, be patient with it on a low to medium heat for around 5 minutes.
- As soon as it begins to thicken not too much but to the consistency of custard, take off the heat.
- Pour into ramekins and then distribute the fruit over the top of each ramekin and allow to set in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours.
These will serve 6 if using small to medium ramekins, I used medium shallow glass bowls instead to serve 4 bigger portions but either way, they are delicious!