When it comes to making an evening meal, there is nothing more satisfying than to have a go to meal, that takes no time to make and all you to make it are ingredients you have probably already got in your cupboard.I love pasta, but I can often be forced away from the simplistic meals because I want to make something more decadent, so when I concocted this dish that is decadent and quick, I thought it would only be fair to share it with you guys.
I am using Mr Organic’s tinned cherry tomatoes, because they are so easy to cook with and they are ready in the cupboard for whenever I need them. There are only a few ingredients to this dish and depending on what pasta you’re using it can take less than 15 minutes to make.
This serves 2 for a filling dinner, perfect for lunch the next day also.
400g tin x Mr Organic’s cherry tomatoes
4 tablespoons x garlic puree
1 x shallot, diced
1 teaspoons x coconut oil
Salt + pepper for seasoning
- Fill a pan with boiling water and cook your pasta for the time specified on the packet.
- When the pasta has 8 minutes left to cook add the coconut oil and shallots to another pan and put on a medium to high heat, ensuring that the shallots do not stick to the bottom of the pan, allow to cook for 3 minutes or so until the shallots are beginning to soften.
- Add the tomatoes and garlic puree and turn the heat down to a medium heat stirring gently to ensure the tomatoes remain whole.
- After all is piping hot, season to taste and allow to cook for a further minute or so, meanwhile drain your pasta, retaining a tablespoon of the water.
- Add the pasta and the tablespoon of water to the tomatoes and stir well, ensuring all of the pasta is coating in the tomato sauce.
- Serve immediately for best results, best enjoyed in loungewear or PJ’s!