I love mushrooms and have been eating them a lot recently, mainly for breakfast, but they are so versatile. You can put mushrooms in pretty much any meal, whether it be a stir-fry, hot pot or as I am about to share with you, in a creamy sauce, which works so well with pasta.
I personally like to choose a tubed pasta for this recipe, as I like the way the sauce goes inside the tubes and makes it an all round a great dish! It is such a quick meal to make and it takes such little time to prepare and cook, it really is perfect for whenever you want something quick and satisfying.
I serve mine usually with a salad as I like the contrast of textures and flavours, you can serve it with garlic bread also, which makes a great comfort food array.You can use whatever mushrooms you like and cut them as small or big as you like. You can also add in any other vegetable you fancy as well, broccoli works great. This recipe will easily serve 2 medium – large portions.
½ cup x vegan cream alternative
2 cups x mushrooms, washed and chopped
1 cup x vegan stock
2 cups x elicoidali or any tube pasta
1 x red onion, peeled and diced
1 tablespoons x oil
4 tablespoons x garlic puree
2 tablespoons x black pepper
1. Place the oil, onions and mushrooms in the pan for 3 minutes on a low heat, just to let the flavour infuse.
2. Then add half of the stock and half of the cream, stir well and allow to cook through, remove from heat.
3. Place the pasta in a separate pan and cover with boiling water from the kettle, cook according to the cooking instructions on the packet.
4. When the pasta is cooked, drain well.
5. Add the pasta to the mushroom sauce and add the remaining stock and cream.
6. Return to the heat on medium and stir through, until piping hot.
7. Serve immediately with salad or garlic bread.