Who doesn’t like cupcakes? Aquafaba cakes are awesome and they really are so quick and yummy. When it comes to the Christmas period, Boxing day particularly, you will want something in your fridge that can be easily grab and take back to your sofa, to resume the horizontal life pause you were enjoying.
These banana and chocolate cupcakes are so good, they are yummy and I fool myself into thinking they’re healthy, but in all honesty, cake with fruit is better than no fruit, huh? You will need some cupcake cases, which can be as cheap or expensive as you like, I personally prefer to get decent plain cases, but you can go as wild as you like! You can also choose different fruits such as blueberry, which goes really well also.
My recipe is based on a ‘standard’ cupcake size, so if you want to go for larger you will need to adjust ingredient quantities and cooking time accordingly. You can make them on Xmas Eve and they will still be good for Boxing Day, or make them just before guests arrive for a gorgeous cake smelling home!
2 cups x chickpea water (mmmm)
2 cups x self raising flour
2 teaspoons x baking powder
1 ½ cup x vegan cocoa
1 cup x sugar
4 x bananas (peeled)
1. Preheat the oven 180 degrees.
2. On a baking tray lay out 16 cupcake cases, with plenty of space between each one.
3. Chop each banana into 12 pieces and set aside.
4. In a mixing bowl add the chickpea water, flour, baking powder, cocoa and sugar and stir for a good few minutes, to get all of the ingredients well blended.
5. Using a tablespoons and a knife, carefully spoon the cake mixture into the cases, just over a quarter of the way up.
6. Place 3 pieces of banana in each one, if they slightly overlap this is fine.
7. Spoons the rest of the cake mix to cover the banana and fill the cases.
8. Bake for 15 minutes.
9. Check they are cooked by using a skewer to check the middle is no longer wet.
10. Place on a large plate and serve immediately or if storing place in an air tight container.
Perfect for you own indulging or to have with nice cup of tea with your family and friends.