Skordalia is a greek dish, that is basically mashed potatoes, with a large amount of garlic and olive oil in it. It is so great to be served in a large bowl for all to share.
My recipe will serve 4, but if you want to feed more it is easily multiplied.
8 x medium red potatoes (peeled and cubed)
1 cup x Almond Milk
8 tablespoons x garlic
1 1/2 cup x olive oil
Black Pepper for seasoning
Lemon juice (optional)
- Boil potatoes as you would to make mash potatoes. I usually allow them to boil unti they are really tender.
- When the are ready, drain the potatoes well and set aside for 2 minutes.
- Add the almond milk and allow the mash to become smooth and light.
- Allow the potato to rest for 5 minutes, before adding the garlic puree and olive oil.
- Stir well, until the potato is a dense but smooth consistency.
- Season to taste and return to a low heat, until piping hot.
- Serve immediately.