Well, it wouldn’t be winter without Leek + Potato soup, this recipe only has 5 ingredients. It can be made the night before and put in the fridge, so it’s great for dinner parties or just a healthy hot meal for when you get in from a long day.
This recipe serves 4 as a starter portion size, or 2 for a main meal.
4 x medium red potatoes (peeled)
2 x veggie stock cubes
4 x leeks (washed and trimmed)
1L x boiling water
Black Pepper (for seasoning)
- Place boiling water and stock cubes in a large pan and allow to simmer for 5 minutes, stiring once.
- Chop potatoes in to 1 cm squares and set aside.
- Chop leeks into 3cm wide pieces.
- Add leeks and potato to the stock, stir, allowing to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Use a potato mashed to mash the potato and leek into a pulp, use a wooden spoon to stir in together, seasoning to taste with pepper.
- Serve immediately or allow to cool in a food storage box, and then refridgerate.
If you are going to reheat your soup then warm it slowly on a low heat, to encourage the flavours.