So, we have made it through Party Foods, and now we are moving on to Starters. I can’t wait to eat my way through the next 5 days! Today, I am starting off with a Whole Roast Butternut Squash, roasted with a stuffed with a kale and cranberry stuffing.
Really easy, really quick to prepare and then it is left in the oven, so let’s get it started.
1 x cup of boiling water
1/2 x cup of stuffing mix
1/4 x cup of cranberry sauce (shop bought is fine,will be showing how to make it in my ‘sauces’ week)
1 x butternut squash, halved, trimmed and deseeded
1 x cup of washed and chopped kale (stalks removed)
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees
- Place the butternut halves, skin down on a baking tray, score the top of the butternut squash, season generously and place in the oven, covered tightly in foil for 40 minutes.
- While the butternut is roasting place the stuffing,water and cranberry in a dish and give it a good stir and add the kale last, cover and set aside until the butternut has been roasting for 40 minutes.
- Remove the butternut squash from the oven, take the foil off,place the stuffing and kale mixture into the butternut squash and allow to roast again with the foil removed for 30 minutes, dropping the temperature to 200 degrees.
- Remove and serve immediately as wholesome and impress vegan starter.