When it is cold outside all I want to do is eat something warm and tasty. What could possibly be better than vegan beef stew and mash potato, beef stew that takes 30 minutes that is….
2 x 150g packs of Vbites Beef Style Pieces
4 x leeks washed and trimmed
2 x onion peeled
4 x carrots washed and peeled
4 x tablespoons Maggi liquid seasoning or any vegan stock
4 x tablespoons of garlic puree
7 x large red potatoes peeled
¼ x cup of almond milk
1. Dice carrots, onions and leeks then place in the bottom of a large pot, cover with a little boiling water and leave to soften for 15 minutes.
2. Chop all potatoes in to quarters and place in a pot and cover with boiling water and allow to boil for 20 minutes.
3. Add garlic and seasoning to the carrots, onions and leeks, and stir well before leaving for another 5 minutes.
4. When potatoes are tender, drain and mash adding the almond milk until smooth.
5. Add ‘beef’ to the veg mix and season with salt and pepper to taste, ensure all food is piping hot before serving.
6. Serve mash and stew side by side, for the ultimate vegan comfort food.
Super quick to make, packed full of flavour and with the mash not containing anything other than almond milk, it pairs beautifully with the thick rich stew.