I love to make this dish because it is so easy, it is tasty and it is all cooked in one pot, which means less washing up!
4 x leeks washed and trimmed
4 x carrots washed and peeled
2 x onions peeled
15 x baby potatoes
1 x 330g tin of baked beans
2 x 190g packs of Vbites vegan chorizo
4 tablespoons x Maggi liquid seasoning or any vegan stock
1. Dice all carrots, leeks and onions finely and place to cover the bottom of a large pot.
2. Cover with boiled water from the kettle and leave to sweat for 10-15 mins.
3. Wash and chop the baby potatoes in half and set aside.
4. Add the liquid seasoning and salt and pepper to taste, adding a little more water.
5. Add the potatoes, and place lid on pot, leaving to simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Remove lid and with a knife check that potatoes are soft, allow to cook for a little longer if not.
7. When potatoes are tender, stir the veggies and ensure all is nice and soft, before adding in the chorizo and beans for the last 5 minutes before serving.
Another great thing about this, is you can save the left overs to be eaten the next day. Serve with toast or rolls. Great for Autumn and winter months, when you need lots of veggies.
Costing just over £1.50 per portion, feed the entire family or make it for dinner and lunch the next day. If you want something a little less spicy, then hop over to my vegan beef stew alternative for a vegan winter classic!